Friday, October 16, 2009

Beaten With A Peace Sign

Fall is here, the air is starting to get crisp and the leaves are falling. With more of the day spent in darkness it's the perfect time of the year for mischief and today I was fortunate enough to find some.

Today I was in need of some push pins so I decide to walk a few blocks to the office supply store and pick some up. On the way I happened a cross a gaggle of hippies with anti-war signs. Their most aggressive signs where speaking out against the war in Afghanistan. I'm no war monger or right wing religious anti-Muslim fanatic and on some levels I sympathize with there cause. But they where so damn into themselves I couldn't let the opportunity to fuck with them slip by. So as I walked past them to the supply store I made a plan.

On the way back home from I stopped to mingle and get into position for the fun I was to have. I said a few casual hellos, pumped my hand and yelled "End the war man" and identified the leader of the group. As soon as the arch-hippie was picked out I sauntered up to him to engage.

"Hey man. I know how we can end all the wars over seas, Man!" I say.

He looks puzzled but answers anyway. "What's your thought brother?" He says.

Now the trap is sprung time to blow his mind and I proceed to share my thoughts.

I reply. "Ya ever here of Dresden man?"

Immediately I went from being in the presence of peaceful hippies to an angry peace sign wielding mob. All manner of insults are hurled my way. Baby killer, fascist, monster, thug just to name a few. To top it all off I was in fact struck with a sign promoting peace. I think there's more than a little irony in that.

Not to worry though, while they where rather angry, having been vegans for so many years I'm sure there bones where to brittle for real combat and I was able to escape laughing hysterically.

No comments:

Post a Comment